Open Registration and Class Information
HOW DO I REGISTER?
High School Students:
See your ROP Career Guidance Specialist at your high school. High school students do not pay any registration fees. Note: ROP classes meeting during the bell schedule are only open to the students from the listed high school campus.
In an effort to continue to serve adults, SOUTH COAST ROP is offering fee-based courses. These courses are funded through student fees and not public funds.
- Registration fees pay for tuition only.
- Registration fees (cash or check only) are due in full upon registration.
- There will be no fee waivers issued.
- No refunds will be granted unless the course is canceled by ROP.
- Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and any additional course-related materials and supplies.
Fee-Based Courses Include:
- Dental Assistant I: Business Administration
- Dental Assistant II: Chairside
- Dental Radiology
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Assistant I: Administrative
- Medical Assistant II: Clinical
SOUTH COAST ROP does not offer financial aid Please check with partnering agencies at the One-Stop Center (949-341-8000) to see if you qualify for assistance.
Open Registration for Adults:
First preference is extended to high school students who reside within the Capistrano and Laguna Beach Unified School Districts. Adults residing in either district will have priority over adults outside our service area boundary. Adults register in person at the ROP main campus. Please note: High school registration may result in several courses becoming full and closed to adults. Please check our website for course availability prior to attending Open Registration.
Adult Registration will be in person at the ROP main campus on Thursday, January 23, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for all available classes. Classes open to adults include: Child Care Careers, Dental Assistant I, Dental Assistant II, Dental Radiology, Emergency Medical Technician, Floral Design and Sales I, Floral Design and Sales II, Medical Assistant I and Medical Assistant II and Medical Terminology.
Open registration continues Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. until classes are filled.
The ROP office will be closed on Monday, January 20, for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Adult Priority Registration:
Adults who were enrolled in a prerequisite ROP course in the Spring 2013 or Fall 2013 semester and received a Certificate of Completion will receive Adult Priority Registration for Spring 2014 enrollment in a sequenced course.
Priority Registration is for the following sequenced courses:
- Dental Assistant II: Chairside (completion of Dental Assistant I: Business Administration)
- Medical Assistant I: Administrative (completion of Medical Terminology)
- Medical Assistant II: Clinical (completion of Medical Assistant I: Administrative)
Adult Priority Registration will be in person at the ROP Main Campus on Monday, January 13 - Wednesday, January 22, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The ROP office will be closed on Monday, January 20, for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday.
Registration Fees (adults only):
Registration fees vary per course. Please review course description for applicable fees. CASH OR CHECK ONLY. Make checks payable to ROP.
Returned Checks: Checks returned for insufficient funds will result in a $10 charge.
- Any student not attending the first class session, may forfeit their enrollment in the class.
- Computers may be assigned on a share basis.
- Classes are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment.
NOTICE OF CLASS CANCELLATIONS:
Course enrollment, including the purchase of books, does not guarantee that a class will continue. Any class that has not attained a minimum enrollment by the end of the first week of school may be canceled. If a class is canceled, students may transfer to a selected number of classes depending on the space availability or receive a refund.